"100 Days of Real Food" is a pretty awesome blog. There's tons of information. I never knew artificial dyes were dangerous, or that wood pulp was in my bag of shredded cheese. This mother of two also posts several recipes for those willing to take a '10 day' or '100 day' pledge. Since I know if I try to go for 100 I would just end up binging on something bad, I opted for the 10 day pledge. However, I've been disappointed so far in most of her recipes I have tried. So, I'm still going with the real food plan, but using her recipes as inspiration. I'm also not frying things in butter, which I was stunned to see on a recipe of hers. I think cutting out processed foods is great, but you cant forget to monitor calories, carbs and fats. I know there are 'good carbs' and 'bad carbs', but too much of even the good stuff can be bad, I say. Too many fruits and you're going a lil crazy on sugar. Too much bread and you're going to be filling up the belly quickly. I guess I don't have any complaints for too many vegetables, except your... how to put this delicately... bodily waste... will prob turn green. Anywho... I'm currently at the end of day two on the pledge. I dont anticipate to really lose any weight, but since her blog claimed people have lost weight on the pledge, I'm interested in seeing how my body reacts.
Update: Check out the video below to see how the first half of my pledge went.
No comments:
Post a Comment